Jim Warne, Member, Board of Directors
Jim is a member of the Oglala Lakota (Sioux) Nation. His mom, Beverly, grew up on Pine Ridge Reservation and is an administrator for South Dakota State University College of Nursing and his dad, Jim Sr., worked in international business finance. His brother, Don Warne, MD, is Chair of INMED at University of North Dakota. Jim earned a BS from Arizona State University, as well as an MS and a Post-Graduate Certificate from San Diego State University (SDSU). Jim created and administered continuing Ed programs at SDSU Interwork Institute from 1993-2015 and he has written nearly 40 million in grants and contracts for various Universities and Tribal Nations.
Currently Jim is the Community Engagement Director at University of South Dakota (USD) Center for Disabilities, Oyate` Circle at Sanford School of Medicine. He is also an Instructor for USD in Pediatrics. Jim wrote several grants for University of South Dakota to establish the Oyate` Circle, including Sinte Gleska University to establish a Tribal College Disability Center.
Jim is also President of his consulting firm, Warrior Society Development, LLC. He works with various government agencies, organizations and Tribal Nations. Jim signed a new contract with University of Arizona for 2020 program development. Jim is a motivational speaker and has experience with Indian Country Advocacy, Congressional Testimonies, Cultural Diversity, Film Production, Acting, Stunts, Professional Football, Youth Athletic/Life Skills Camps, Grant and Organizational Development and Higher Education Administration. His WSD Productions Film Division produced “7th Generation” an Award-Winning documentary Jim produced and wrote.
Memberships, Honors, Features and Press Include:
- Tempe All-City Hall of Fame, Member Tempe, Arizona. Inducted March 25, 2019
- 2017 Native American Alumnus of the Year Arizona State University Native Am. Alumni
- Congressional Senate Oversight Hearing Testimony, Washington DC. May 5, 2011
- Chairman’s Leadership Award, National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA), 2009
- American Indian Athletic Hall of Fame, Member; Lawrence, KS. Inducted 2004
- UCSD Chancellor’s Community Advisory Board: http://chancellor.ucsd.edu/community/ccab
- C-Span Featured Speaker “American Indian Stereotypes in Sports”, Phoenix, AZ Jan 30, 2015
- Documentary “7th Generation” Film Festivals (*Award Winner): Louisiana*, New York*, Montana*, Illinois*, California (9*), Italy (2*), France*, Belgium*, Monaco*, Arizona, South Dakota, Utah, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Mexico, Washington, Oregon, NC, Greece, Netherlands, Poland, and United Kingdom. Screened in 10 countries, view on Amazon Prime.
- WSD Productions: Film productions, new projects, festivals and events.
- Media: Go to Press Link for Articles regarding Film Production, Athletics and Academics.
Support a Kid
We hope you’ll join us on our mission and support a kid today.